DRE COE real world evidence data hub programs accelerate knowledge and create efficiencies for the Life Sciences organizations across research & development, clinical, medical, safety, epidemiology, integrated evidence generation plans, product-life-cycle management, and commercial functions. The COE model increases infrastructure scalability that is also used by other 3rd-party scientific consultancies for their systemic use of evidence within the organization.
At the heart of DRE’s knowledge system is a term ontology management function, Digital Outcome Conversion Ontology System (DOC OS), which allows for systemic use of data across disparate functions. This tiered ontology management system is based on the concept of late binding of synonyms for greater specificity and is a significant strategic asset across the Manufacturer enterprise. DOC OS can be used within a client organization as a source to connect both public and private data into a central repository for natural language processing, machine learning, and term harmonization for neural network methods.
The Center of Excellence model seeks to provide collaboration for better strategic integration and market sustainability among:
- Global Medical Affairs
- Health Economics
- Market Access
- Research & Development
- Product teams
Current and potential implications of the DRE COE programs:
- Direct cost reductions, such as harmonization of literature and data silos into a central repository that can be used for multiple work-teams and vendors.
- Strategic effectiveness, allowing for better portfolio management and optimization from awareness of unknown science, gap opportunities and the ability to easily understand the value of information and strategy.
- Scientific rigor, quality, credibility, and validation, leading to increased transparency, better market impact, and improved submission success rates for regulatory approval.
- Ecosystem partnerships between groups such as professional medical societies and academics by leveraging DRE’s central role in evidence-based medicine
- Extensibility programs, including DRE’s digital health applications, are focused on providing the most comprehensive data from clinical trials, observational studies and real-world full-text articles of medical evidence from peer-reviewed publications.